Reply to "Buy some niches, y'all! What unowned niches do you have content for?"

Malkazoid posted:

we cannot ignore that almost every single new user to the Network is going to be pissed off that we didn't figure out how to let them post on a subject they like.  They won't care what our excuses are - it isn't their role to worry about the Narrative paradigm.  They'll just think the paradigm is stupid if it prevents them from posting to a niche their content really belongs on.

But if the community approves a topic, but Narrative demands to be paid before allowing people to post on that topic, it will not be a draw to the platform at all. It  feels very, very restricting. And that is not a good thing.

Narrative Team, please reconsider let the niche have a moderator, defer the 10% owners rewards back into the rewards pool, and let people get their feet wet in the ecosystem, that allows them full access to approved topics to choose from. Moderators can still be in place. And if a strong community grows, the niche stands to make more money from a bidding war once someone clues in that it is a money maker. 

The only thing that I can see, where Narrative stands to loose is the revenue from people paying for really obscure niches, that may not take off anyways. So i don't see it as much an loss. I think the potential for a bidding war on niches well under way with an active community far outweighs the loss.

Also one other point i will make again, and more clearly now. The idea that nothing is being limited because we still have our personal profiles, Currently there is no profile follow button that i can see in Alpha, maybe that will change with beta, but the argument that we still have our personal profile to post on, really doesn't hold much water at this moment. If nobody is following your profile to vote on your content, how is the a real option.