Reply to "Chaucer Terms of Use - need some help here"

I'm actually not all that sarcastic by nature.  It is the flaw of niches not being owned by their 'buyers' that is bringing this out in me.  It is a flaw at the centre of this great journey, and I believe it could be a fatal one.  Another network won't make the same mistake, and people will flock to it instead of Narrative.  I know I will.  

Projects get leap-frogged all the time in this mushrooming digital era of tech startups.  To stand a fighting chance of growing into the sunlight of this jungle, you have to at least not have glaring, evident flaws at launch.  By the time your good, solid start starts to reveal short-comings that can be improved upon, you're up there with a good head start.

Narrative pitches a 'niche ownership' to users which involves 'buying' at 'market price' through auction, but is in fact a lease, holds no accrual of capital gains, cannot be sold by the so-called owner, gets taxed at 20% by the network, then taxed again by the government... and can be de-activated for any reason.

True ownership is far more appealing, and very easy for a rival, upcoming network to implement.  Like today.  It is simply a choice.  People will flock to that, and the quality of the rival network will stand to be better because of the greater care owners take of their property, compared to people on a lease.

This is a flaw right at the heart of our beloved Narrative.  And it ripples outward with disadvantages.  These off-putting renewal fees exists ostensibly because Narrative company wants to make sure people have 'skin in the game' year in, year out.  But true ownership is the ultimate skin in the game!  It is so obvious.  Opt for true ownership, and you gain positive appeal AND bypass needing the kind of leash represented by leasing fees that will piss people off, disrupt the niches when people can't pay, etc...  This flaw cascades, and it is early days - we'll probably discover further ramifications from it that undermine our prospects in other ways.