Reply to "General Thoughts and critique on Narrative"

So why is the use of cryptocurrencies important to a social platform?  Because as I see it, if you took that entirely out of the equation, it would not change the basic value proposition of the site.  

When you are building a business that you want to be broadly adopted, you focus on doing one or two things really well.  You don't throw in extraneous things that will get in the way of adoption.

Now, let's talk about the revenue sharing.  That seems to be the core value proposition of Narrative.  At least, that's the big thing talked about on the teaser pages. 

I have built a number of successful online businesses and content sites.  I know the value of content... and it's pretty small! 

For the the vast majority of Narrative contributors, their payout is going to be minimal...  a few dollars.  Now admittedly, for a site with millions of pages of content, and billions of page views, there is a lot of money to be made.  But that doesn't translate into a lot of money for all the individual members.  So I think the basic site pitch is setting up a lot of people for disappointment.  And frankly, as a content contributor, I'd rather have an easy-to-use site with broad appeal than the few dollars I expect to see.

As I said in my initial post, I'm willing to make some investment in the site, because it's just possible that it will become significant.  However - again from the standpoint of building a successful web business - I think it's just trying to do too many things, any one of which could cause the site to fail.