Reply to "General Thoughts and critique on Narrative"

Robert Nicholson posted:

I have used cryptocurrencies.  That makes me one of the 5-8% of Americans who have.

Narrative has created an unnecessary barrier to adoption.  The use of a cryptocurrency provides no benefit to me as a user, and it's ridiculous to charge a fee that far exceeds actually costs to a user who chooses not to drink the kool-aid.

Well @Robert Nicholson, good thing you are not the only person on this platform with an opinion!  A great many people here, I would even venture to say the majority of (at least the early adopters of Narrative), are amongst the 5-8% crypto-users,  and many understand the necessity of tokenizing the platform. But to each their own.

Your choice of words, seems to imply a tone of premature bitterness, for someone only in this community for 7 days, especially with your reference to your fellow community members whom use crypto as, drinkers of poisoned sugar drinks. 

I am curious how much Facebook has paid you for your content, lately? Instagram? Yes 15% may well be a high exchange fee, but please remember that is what it is. A crypto to fiat exchange fee. It does take real people time to convert that for you, and it is part of the Narrative payment structure for them keeping this thing going. And frankly, since established Non-crypto tokenized social media platforms are making billions and billions off of your content, and giving you diddly-squat for it, in my opinion this is a very generous platform!! Personally, I see the 15% "convenience fee", as providing  people the option to not spend an inordinate amount of time learning crypto alt-currencies, so that they can spend more time creating content. I suspect this fee is worth it to a lot of people, even if you don't value it.

And if you are, like you said crypto savvy, then perfect!! You can exchange your own NRV tokens into Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo, or Fiat all on your own. 

I don't see the barriers to adoption. We have multiple ways to get paid, including good ol' USD.  Options are good.