Reply to "How can members help Narrative grow rapidly after launch"

Eduardo Hernández posted:

I think the whole argument of "owning my content" and "being paid for my content" are great selling points, specially if we bash Facebook for their inmoral data exposure and trading practices. Though, my main concern -and one of Narrative's biggest challenges- is, hands down, filling the gap between crypto and fiat. We need to offer our users a fiat gateway, for probably at least 50% have no idea what crypto is, nor they will see the use to it. So saying "we'll give you XXX tokens" will sound like nothing to them. Let's talk turkey: how much USD/EUR/(Insert your currency) will I get if I get 1000 likes/views? That's way more appealing to users and will drive a lot of people to Narrative, and, with that, BRANDS. Yes, that's right. Real, big money.

Agreed, and I think Narrative will probably quote in fiat whenever appropriate, perhaps similarly to the way Steemit does... or perhaps differently.  

There is a discussion to be had about obscuring NRVE too much though.  It all depends on what the goal is for the currency.  If the idea is that we will design incentives to hold NRVE because it benefits the community in major ways for it to appreciate, then NRVE can't be hidden away like an embarrassing cousin who drools and gropes his relatives.

I'm in two minds about what the ambition should be, but most importantly, I'm not sure what the Narrative Team's ambition is for this and it would be great to find out.  I'll start a thread to discuss it as I don't recall seeing this explored yet.