Reply to "How did you hear about Narrative and what made you invest?"

These are interesting. I didn't actually find Narrative, it found me... at the right place, and the right "frame of mind." 

I was at a birthday party with one of my kids and was talking with another parent who mentioned Narrative. I knew just enough about crypto (from all my colleague's BTC and ETH talk at the office) to drop a Lazlo Pizza Reference joke in the right spot of the conversation and indicate I was "hip" to what was being discussed. My glazed over eyes may have told a different story. That's about as much thought as I put in to it... at that time

But, the conversation turned to discuss the new content economy and owning your own data and rewarding content with crypto. Never have I heard, or used, the word Fiat in a non-automotive context as much as I did that afternoon.  My interest was piqued, but not convinced. 

After going home, I dutifully logged on to the site and read the Whitepaper. I actually read it from end to end. And then the ghost of my father appeared over my shoulder, shimmering in a monochromatic, blue-tinted fog. He said "Luke... use the —"

No, wait. That's not what happened. I remember my dad (who is still alive and kicking) always lamenting that he hadn't bought Microsoft stock when he first thought about doing so. And, kicking himself every year as he saw what he COULD have earned by a low-risk, early investment. Those memories corroborated with the more recent laments, the crypto-savvy exhalations, of my co-workers who are techy, devvy types. 

I resolved to only invest what I could afford to lose (not wanting to have to sell one of my children, again). And, I went through the painful learning process of setting up exchange accounts, wallets, and buying in to the game. My wife and I are more interested in the platform as a place to create content, since that's what we do. But, getting a foot in the door, early, was an opportunity I don't want to lament 20 years from now.

I'm thankful for that other kid's' dad, who refused to stop talking about crypto, NEO, and Narrative. In spite of all the signs—my glazed eyes, restless leg, and slack posture—he forged ahead and gave me just enough of a nudge to start finding this stuff out for myself!