Reply to "How long until BETA launch?"

I'm not too worried at this point.

Outside of our little crypto-sphere, blogging platforms that aren't even workable would never generate any serious interest anyway. I wouldn't want to see any serious advertising campaign until Narrative has a full working product beta.

The worst thing you can do as a developer, is to release half-baked software to the world, because you only get one chance to make that first impression. I'm speaking for myself here, but I haven't even looked at any timelines. I generally am flexible with developer timelines, especially if this is the team's first foray into creating a token-based economy.

What would worry me, is the lack of updates from the team, or 'fluff' updates that continuously push back timelines... that's usually a sign that the timeline was too ambitious, but even then, it's up to the adults of the team to be honest with their stakeholders that there's a delay, and tell them exactly what's going on. It really depends if the team is as 'transparent' as they say they are.

If we hit January and there's still nothing to show, that's when sentiments will probably become noticeably louder in the community forums and on social media.