Reply to "Looks like Narrative has some competiton nipping at its heals"

It's very interesting to follow this discussion (thank you).  My "not weighing in"  is not "my not reading carefully."  !!

The competition will be real.  There were lots of social media platforms.  Why did MySpace, then FB, then Twitter, then Instagram, then XYZ   take off?  Others faded quickly.  Some is organization, some is marketing $$, some is timing.  A lot is getting the right concept for the right moment and the right crowd.  I like the Civic concept and wish it well.  Journalism could use a makeover.  Maybe it could be the next AP or Reuters for independents.

Narrative will aim more broadly as several of you pointed out.  We'll do "Cute Cat Pictures"  for example (it's taken!!).  There's a more popular market we're after.  That doesn't mean journalism can't take hold in Narrative as well.   The example here is how Crypto news moved from BitCoinTalk to Medium in a space of months.  With the right "content entrepreneurship" in place, some of our niches may be the next stop for smart writing about blockchain....

As all of you pointed out, quality is the goal but there are no guarantees   -- just opportunities.