Reply to "Niche proposal withdrawal"

Thanks for the suggestion, @Mark Horler! It's definitely an interesting idea. The current reasoning is that the niche suggester should do their due diligence before suggesting the niche to avoid this scenario. I think if we took the approach you are suggesting, there would have to be some conditions in place to prevent abuse since your system would give the niche suggester more power than they have now. As one example, a determined Narrator could repeatedly suggest and withdraw a niche idea and effectively "black hole" the niche so that it could never exist on the system. To combat this, the suggester probably should only be able to withdraw the suggestion once a minimum number of votes have been reached and the majority of them are downvotes. That would prevent "black hole" abuse, but at that point, I'm not sure what it would achieve that the current system doesn't. Something to think about, anyway!

@Malkazoid, our development team is doing bi-weekly development sprints, so our release cycle will likely be at least every two weeks in the future. Having said that, we are in the process of building the beta right now, so we aren't doing many incremental updates to Chaucer. I don't foresee making any changes to the niche voting process (including comments) in the near future, but we'll definitely be reevaluating along with your feedback as we move towards the beta.

I also just want to reiterate that we are listening to all of the feedback we are receiving. @Malkazoid, you in particular have shared a wealth of ideas, which is awesome! While we can't take immediate action on every idea (and some ideas may never be implemented), the collective feedback the Narrative community provides is definitely having an impact on the process of building the platform. We welcome, encourage, and appreciate any and all feedback

We will be announcing more about our development roadmap in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for more updates!