Reply to "Niche quality control"

I am not in favour of the platform launching its Beta before this quality problem is resolved, both from a systemic viewpoint, and from a clean up of existing problems standpoint.

Systemically, all it takes is for the Tribunal to adhere to @MOLLY O's guidelines, and some messaging to the community that our votes should do so too.

A clean up isn't hard after that, either.  If the Tribunal promises to uphold the guidelines, we can appeal all the problem niches.

Correct spelling and grammar should be present too, or the niches should be rejected.  Launching with niches with these problems risks undermining ALL the other hard work the @Narrative Network Team and the Community have done, are doing, and will do.

The general public won't care how revolutionary Narrative may become - all they will see is our content areas fall far short of the quality we promised this place was about.  FAR short.  It becomes difficult to believe in the ambitious goals of Narrative, if the basics are found lacking.  Coherent categories, and correct spelling and grammar are the basics.  We are failing those right now, unnecessarily.

I hope the team acknowledges this when they return from their well-deserved holidays.  I hope they communicate their intentions on how to deal with it.  The jeopardy is real, and this is something the Community cannot fix without the Team taking heed and taking action.