Reply to "Niche quality control"

Time to elect non-narrative team members to the positions of Tribunal. This should become a immediate priority in my opinion.

That would certainly solve the problem too.  I am pretty confident the community will be sensitive to an election campaign based on upholding the guidelines in pursuit of lifting the quality to the levels the platform set out to achieve.  

So the new Tribunal would be crewed by people who are committed to this goal.  

I agree that the current Tribunal members are probably all stretched very thin - which could partially explain their voting patterns.  Their time is certainly too valuable to be diverted to only partially doing justice to the Tribunal's role.

Holding Tribunal elections and the resulting community governance would be an incredible PR move too, as an added bonus.  We've fallen behind schedule for Beta Launch, but we could be ahead of schedule for Community Governance.

This may also solve the potential legal jeopardy for the company, of approving niche descriptions (product descriptions) that may later be deemed unfit for use on the network as described, AFTER a user has purchased the product.  Company members making these decisions is what creates the potential for liability.  But community members making the decisions may go a long way to removing any company liability.  

Anyway, either way, this quality problem is critical and must be solved.  There are several ways to achieve the quality standards - the Team should pick one rapidly and communicate it.