Reply to "Texas niche, description"

Good points @Malkazoid! Totally agree. 

I think we already had a discussion about niche names + descriptions somewhere sometime in this forum. And I believe that this problem should be addressed. 

It is definitely good to have the guidelines that the niches should not be redundant + offensive but same as you, but I don't think that they are enough. 

I would just summarize it... 

1) There still are niches where the title and description do not correspond; either there is something that I am missing (which is definitely possible in some cases...) or the name/ the description is chosen in a wrong way. Which, as Malkazoid stated above, is not the best thing. It should be possible to change name/descr. even in the process of voting. If the platform launches in October and new members will search for some content and they will have a hard time to find it or find something else instead, it will put Narrative in not so favorable light.

2) there are niches where the description is just too vague or too broad. E.g. the niche Lifestyle where there can be posted practically anything. I am not particularly against this one niche and I supported it but I am generally not happy that there is no way to modify a niche before it is approved. Lifestyle niche is not the best example but there are others as well...

For me it comes often down to this situation, there is a niche in ballot box and I am ok with its general idea but I have some reservations which I think should be addressed. If I reject it, the idea might not come around again (or for some time + it may discourage the proposer). If I approve it, I have no certainty that the niche name and description will be modified to be more clear/understandable/indexable. What to do here?

3) then, there are those people who vote against almost every niche.... If you reject a niche, you should be required to state the reason.