Reply to "YOUR REPUTATION GOING UP : ) OR NOT : ("

Malkazoid posted:

The flaw is this: you are dismissing discussion forum posts because Narrative won't have discussion forums.  Why get hung up on the discussion forum aspect? There are zero reasons to give importance to this from where I stand.  A post is a post.  These are posts that belong here just as much as they would on a Narritive niche.  Why not view this entire discussion forum as a Narrative Niche?  You can give it a name if it helps follow this reasoning.  Perhaps you could call it Narrative Genesis.  Or something like that.

This is actually a semi-serious proposition - not just a mechanism to demonstrate how unnecessary it is to view posts to this discussion forum as somehow incompatible with contributions to Narrative.  Such a niche will probably garner a fair amount of traffic over the years, for historic reasons.  In other words, it has value within the Narrative ecosystem, as well as being valuable to its formation.  

Once again @Malkazoid we see things from a very similar vantage point. Thank you for taking the time to write this. As I said earlier in this thread, this is content. all of the community board is content. 

I believe your suggestion is very smart! If it is possible technically, all of the posts should be preserved as its own Niche and Narrative Genesis is an interesting name for it. I think you reiterate my points and expand on several of them very well. 

I am deeply insulted that no reputation is being awarded, and yes I think there would be a huge uproar if they tried the same tactic at launch with NRVE in order to be fair to newbies. 

I can't tell you how many times I have written on various posts "reputation matters" to now be told....not yet it doesn't. Why didn't any core team correct me any one of those times?

I feel really let down by Narrative right now. Firstly, because my posted content is not contributing to reputation. Secondly,  the lack of willingness to discuss possible solutions. There are a lot of very smart and solution orientated people on here, that want to see this thing work, that are being underutilized in order to maintain decisions that were made long before we showed up.