Again, Community Site Ranking has a Bug?

Product: Narrative

How it's possible for 2 users to have the same community rank?

If I see @Garden Gnome Publications, he is on #13 rank with 12,112 points and @mrgoodsett is also on the same #13 rank with 10,729 points at the time of I'm writing this.

Points difference is based on their valuable inputs and likes that I can understand. But how come both users have the same rank? 

Original Post

Activity Stream

You're talking about here on the support site? This is not powered by Narrative. It's a completely unrelated software package.

Garden Gnome Publications posted:

Oh yes, I remember seeing those now. BTW, have you noticed that @mrgoodsett and I bear a very strong resemblance?

But he appears to be sitting near a pool, and given that it is 101 degrees F where I currently am, I feel jealous.

Lol.. I just asked to correct it but why we completely removed it? It was a good matrix to consider about community contributors and their efforts. I think removing this wasn't a good move at all. I must say I'm little bit disappointed here. 

Issue Resolved

This action was taken by David Dreezer.

Issue Reopened

This action was taken by BloggerKrunal.

No @David Dreezer this is not a distraction. If community rank is useless then why we have placed it in first place? We all know it that we wanted community activities during alpha and ranking was much needed part of it. I know that alpha is ended and rewards has been distributed but considering it useless now doesn't fit for it. At least we including newbies can see that who are the top community contributors based on that. I raised the concern because it was valid. 2 users having the same rank. But removing it wasn't the good reaction. I don't know why you took it like that. Anyways I'm closing this issue so won't get distracted anymore. Cheers!

Issue Canceled

Issue Reopened

Sorry to be joining this discussion so late, @BloggerKrunal@David Dreezer@Garden Gnome Publications@Vico Biscotti@Drixx Madison

I'm troubled by the approach of removing the ranking, just because it has caused a bit of confusion.  

The ranking serves a real purpose.  It is one of the most direct means of judging how active Narrators have been in community discussions.  This metric should be very relevant to Moderator and Tribunal elections.

Narrators have been contributing their ideas here in a great spirit that literally was the entirety of Narrative's Community up until just 4 months ago.  And since then, we've been continuing to do so, with no remuneration for our efforts. 

There is currently no better gage of integrity in the Narrative system, than the degree to which Narrators give their ideas to the community outside of the context of platform rewards!  Not just on issues that affect their interests, but on all issues that affect the platform.

There has to be a better way than blowing away the ranking.  Can't you add a label, providing the explanation to clear up any confusion?

It is part of the record of Narrative's creation.  Removing it feels all sorts of wrong. 

If it is no longer relevant, record it as a legacy piece of information still visible to the Community, and start a new ranking which has as its start date, the launch of the Beta?

There is currently no better gage of integrity in the Narrative system, than the degree to which Narrators give their ideas to the community outside of the context of platform rewards!  Not just on issues that affect their interests, but on all issues that affect the platform.

Absolutely! I think this will be very important when Tribunal elections roll around.

As the support system software and site ranking issue is not a Narrative platform bug I will be closing this ticket. There is an existing suggestion for discussion, Vico has linked to it in the post immediately previous to this.

Issue Resolved

This action was taken by David Dreezer.
To follow up on this issue, please click here.