Allow Content Creator To Appeal Content Rejected From Niche

Service: Narrative

Originally suggested here:

https://community.narrative.or...moderation-final-say

The idea is that if a niche moderator rejects your content that you can appeal to the Tribunal to reverse the decision.

One potential downside is that, if used frequently, the workload of the Tribunal could really increase.

We might want to have some limitation as to the number of times any member could appeal a niche content rejection.

We'd also want to make sure that the Tribunal decision was final... so that the niche moderator(s) could not undo a Tribunal decision.

Original Post

Activity Stream

Ted posted:

The idea is that if a niche moderator rejects your content that you can appeal to the Tribunal to reverse the decision.

One potential downside is that, if used frequently, the workload of the Tribunal could really increase.

We might want to have some limitation as to the number of times any member could appeal a niche content rejection.

We'd also want to make sure that the Tribunal decision was final... so that the niche moderator(s) could not undo a Tribunal decision.

I worry about this. I think the tribunal is going to have a very large work load as it grows, for only 3%. It is the lease efficient use of time for return. Personally I think there are enough stop gaps in place. The community can vote out a bad moderator, the content maker could message the owner if abuses are taking place by the moderator, and I also think most moderator's, especially on a profitable niche are going to be motivated to keep their job, ergo do their job in accordance of the rules.

I also think the system is incredibly complex already. Heavy with rules to learn. If it becomes a big problem we could bring it up later. But maybe just see if it is a problem first.

My vote is not to involve tribunal. Before the internet, content was submitted to editors and lots of things got rejected because it didn't quite fit. Our skin didn't get thinner just because the internet came along.

Emily Barnett posted:
Ted posted:

I worry about this. I think the tribunal is going to have a very large work load as it grows, for only 3%. It is the lease efficient use of time for return. Personally I think there are enough stop gaps in place. The community can vote out a bad moderator, the content maker could message the owner if abuses are taking place by the moderator, and I also think most moderator's, especially on a profitable niche are going to be motivated to keep their job, ergo do their job in accordance of the rules.

I also think the system is incredibly complex already. Heavy with rules to learn. If it becomes a big problem we could bring it up later. But maybe just see if it is a problem first.

My vote is not to involve tribunal. Before the internet, content was submitted to editors and lots of things got rejected because it didn't quite fit. Our skin didn't get thinner just because the internet came along.

That depends on the return 

I believe that in this case the user can just appeal against the moderator who made the decision, and not the decision itself.

As niches should all be clear and unique, I don't expect that many content rejects that are worth disputing over.

I agree that it would generate too much work for the tribunal.  As a side note, I hope there is something put in place to prevent someone from submitting the same content again, with the intention of getting a different moderator to approve it.  Has the @Narrative team thought about that scenario?

Add Reply