Everyone In Narrative Should Buy Atleast 1000 NRV Token.

Service: Narrative

Very goodday for everyone in the Narrative. Everyone Narrative is community driven social platform where creators and users benefitted by NRV token rewards. Users get good contents to read and increase their knowledge and they are getting entertainment by lots of  creators in variety of fields. Like all others Narrative community can't grow without money. Everybody including owner of the company the board members, all creator and users want to earn money through their social engagement.

In this platform NRV token is the real money. If everybody in this platform buy atleast 1000 NRV token according to their financial condition then price of the NRV token could increase at a reasonable level and everyone in the community get benefitted from narrative community.  

2) Secondly Narrative community needs responsible people throughout the world. If everybody buy some NRV token then everybody's responsibility will increase more and more towards narrative community and Narrative platform will be successful very soon. 

So everyone here buy atleast 1000 NRV token and be a responsible Narrative members  

Thanks Everyone here. 

Great Cheers For Narrative Beta launch and massive success for Narrative Beta. 

Original Post

Activity Stream

My understanding is that members will be able to earn tokens by creating quality content. So I'd say if you can't buy tokens (and, really, I imagine most people are buying tokens so they can buy niches?), then create good content and HODL until you get at least 1000 tokens (preferably more)!

NRVE is an utility to most people, used to buy niches and reap rewards. Although there are people holding on quantities of NRVE as an investment, I don’t see how that directly contributes to the quality of Narrative, it’s content, and it’s community.

Slaz posted:

NRVE is an utility to most people, used to buy niches and reap rewards. Although there are people holding on quantities of NRVE as an investment, I don’t see how that directly contributes to the quality of Narrative, it’s content, and it’s community.

I agree, there is no direct relationship between the NRVE value and the quality of the platform. However, the higher the NRVE value, the higher is the marketcap, and the attention from the whole crypto community. This usually leads to more free advertisement, because the famous crypto youtubers will start creating videos about the Narrative platform for free, many new investors who have not noticed Narrative so far, will get curious and some of them might also join the platform. More users lead to more and better content. So to me there definitely exists a strong indirect relationship between the token value and the platform value and quality.

MALAY BANERJEE posted:

Very goodday for everyone in the Narrative. Everyone Narrative is community driven social platform where creators and users benefitted by NRV token rewards. Users get good contents to read and increase their knowledge and they are getting entertainment by lots of  creators in variety of fields. Like all others Narrative community can't grow without money. Everybody including owner of the company the board members, all creator and users want to earn money through their social engagement.

In this platform NRV token is the real money. If everybody in this platform buy atleast 1000 NRV token according to their financial condition then price of the NRV token could increase at a reasonable level and everyone in the community get benefitted from narrative community.  

2) Secondly Narrative community needs responsible people throughout the world. If everybody buy some NRV token then everybody's responsibility will increase more and more towards narrative community and Narrative platform will be successful very soon. 

So everyone here buy atleast 1000 NRV token and be a responsible Narrative members  

Thanks Everyone here. 

Great Cheers For Narrative Beta launch and massive success for Narrative Beta. 

Dear Malay, I think that we should focus on advertisement and the quantity and quality of the content first, then the value of NRVE will increase automatically. And I am also very bullish on the longterm value of NRVE (some reasons: https://community.narrative.or...-ahead-for-narrative)

So in my opinion what we all should do now in the remaining two weeks before and also after the launch of the Beta:

1. find as many new users for the platform as possible, using other social media platforms (e.g. facebook, twitter etc.)

https://alpha.narrative.org/

Everybody can also earn 9 NRVE tokens for each referral by creating a unique referral link. If one has many friends and followers on other platforms, this alone could be profitable.

2. Continue to find new users once the Beta has launched. It will look better and has more features than the Alpha.

3. Create content for the upcoming Beta. The more content the platform has when the Beta launches, the stronger the community will be (this applies also to point 4.)

4. Vote and suggest niches

We are all in this together and every helping hand is needed to make Narrative a great success story. Which it will definitely be, I am 100% sure!

Just an additional obvious thought - if the token price rises, the impression all Narrators will receive is that their earnings are appreciating.

This is a powerful psychological effect, because people will naturally project appreciation into the future.  If the NRVE token is one day worth .50 cents, the 100 dollars worth of NRVE you earned in your first year of posting to Narrative would then be worth closer to 3500 dollars.  Result - everyone will be more active on the platform to earn NRVE while it is cheap but appreciating fast.  More activity leads to more growth, leads to more appreciation.

Just a simple, yet powerful calculation: if 100 users work hard and find 50 new users each, we get 5000 additional users in no time. Once we have reached a critical mass, there will be no more necessity of active advertisement because then people will recommend Narrative to their friends in masses.

Malkazoid posted:

Just an additional obvious thought - if the token price rises, the impression all Narrators will receive is that their earnings are appreciating.

This is a powerful psychological effect, because people will naturally project appreciation into the future.  If the NRVE token is one day worth .50 cents, the 100 dollars worth of NRVE you earned in your first year of posting to Narrative would then be worth closer to 3500 dollars.  Result - everyone will be more active on the platform to earn NRVE while it is cheap but appreciating fast.  More activity leads to more growth, leads to more appreciation.

100% agreed!

New Social Media posted:

Just a simple, yet powerful calculation: if 100 users work hard and find 50 new users each, we get 5000 additional users in no time. Once we have reached a critical mass, there will be no more necessity of active advertisement because then people will recommend Narrative to their friends in masses.

Yes - and I like to look at this in relation to niche owners.

We have 319 niche owners, and 808 purchased niches, which gives an average of 2.53 niches per owner.

A reasonable initial amount of promotion for a niche would involve getting at least 4 content creators to join Narrative and contribute content to your niche.

If a third of our niche owners do a good job of their initial promotion, then about 105 niche owners will find 4 content creators for their 2.53 niches, resulting in around 1060 new members.

In theory this should happen within the first couple of weeks.

The potent effect is that these 4 content creators will almost certainly have been selected because they have a significant following as well as for the quality of their content.  So if each of those 1060 new members posts at least one piece of content to Narrative and shares it, it will result in tens of thousands of new eyeballs on Narrative, and hundreds of new Narrators.

I strongly advise niche owners to approach content creators with the honest disclaimer that Narrative will be in Beta mode for a while, and there are some real kinks that need to be resolved, but that there is a strong advantage to participating early on.

For those of us who are not niche owners, and are mainly interested in creating content on Narrative - the promotion of your content will naturally benefit the platform.

As a reminder, and a statement of the obvious - creating quality content is only half the work: the other half requires a solid promotion effort, sharing the content on other social networks, to your mailing lists, etc...

If the NRVE value goes up due to people investing when there has been no proven value to the platform, it will be false value. The value of the platform itself needs to be proven before we can expect serious investment. To get there, we need a solid base of users who are creative valuable content. So it's really a question of what is value based on. It isn't based on the cryptocurrency itself. It's based on the underlying asset, which is the content created the users. When that content shows itself to be of significant value, then the value of the currency will rise and investors will take notice.

While the token could be an investment, I agree that just inflating it by getting every member buying in doesn't build real value. The platform and the content are what create value - and could wind up reflected in the token value ... at least this is what I'm getting from the posts so far

Malkazoid posted:

For those of us who are not niche owners, and are mainly interested in creating content on Narrative - the promotion of your content will naturally benefit the platform.

As a reminder, and a statement of the obvious - creating quality content is only half the work: the other half requires a solid promotion effort, sharing the content on other social networks, to your mailing lists, etc...

Point. I think I have something like six referrals, which for me is fairly decent considering I don't have a huge social media following. But I expect the overall effect will be cumulative if we all share our stuff without spamming too much. (It'd stink if Narrative gets a reputation for being a community of spammers as much as it would if Narrative becomes a spam magnet.)

Heidi Hecht posted:
Malkazoid posted:

Point. I think I have something like six referrals, which for me is fairly decent considering I don't have a huge social media following. But I expect the overall effect will be cumulative if we all share our stuff without spamming too much. (It'd stink if Narrative gets a reputation for being a community of spammers as much as it would if Narrative becomes a spam magnet.)

Dear Heidi, I think you are totally right. Nobody should be annoyed by our messages but Narrative being a relatively new and small network still has to compete with huge corporations like Facebook (and to a lesser extent: steem, medium) with extremely deep pockets and a huge community, so I guess our common support and efforts are needed at the current stage. Also because I personally like to be approached by friends and receive recommendations from them more than from an unknown entity.

Colleen Ryer posted:

While the token could be an investment, I agree that just inflating it by getting every member buying in doesn't build real value. The platform and the content are what create value - and could wind up reflected in the token value ... at least this is what I'm getting from the posts so far

Agreed, platform and advertisement first, token value will follow.

The reasons why I personally think NRVE is a great investment opportunity (no financial advice): https://community.narrative.or...-ahead-for-narrative

EDIT: I saw that you have already read this old comment, Colleen, maybe someone else hasn't.

Maybe this is interesting for your followers as well, @Harj?

@Garden Gnome Publications @Colleen Ryer 100% agreed with both of you. The value has to arise from the quality and popularity of the asset, not the token itself. While anyone is free to invest in the token (like any cryptocurrency), I wouldn't recommend the entire Narrative community to start doing it out of the blue with the sole intention of increasing it's value.

Of course eventually the asset & token can value each other. You know, when Narrative starts to gain a foothold, it naturally increases the value of NRVE, which drives crypto-enthusiasts to the platform, which drives in more valuable creators, which further increases the value of NRVE, and so forth...

Of course, if you believe NRVE will increase in value, then it would make a good investment. Buy and hold if you think it will be increase in value over the long haul, and if you think Narrative has the staying power of Microsoft. Try and time the market if you think Narrative has a short lifespan and you think you can predict it. If you're buying just to drive up the value now, don't be surprised that, when the market discovers the value of NRVE is inflated, a sell-off occurs and the value goes down.

Garden Gnome Publications posted:

Of course, if you believe NRVE will increase in value, then it would make a good investment. Buy and hold if you think it will be increase in value over the long haul, and if you think Narrative has the staying power of Microsoft. Try and time the market if you think Narrative has a short lifespan and you think you can predict it. If you're buying just to drive up the value now, don't be surprised that, when the market discovers the value of NRVE is inflated, a sell-off occurs and the value goes down.

I was about to say a very similar thing. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this thread. Having demand for the currency is a massive component for Narrative to be successful. I would argue even more than quality. If people don't buy the tokens then the tokens a person earns can not be cashed out. 

If you feel it is a wise investment buy tokens and hodl. If you feel that you want to purchase niches in the future, now is a good time, because i suspect the token price will go up shortly. The time for value has certainly been now and the majority of the last year.

As far as a time to collectively buy 1000 tokens each. I don't see it as problematic to the coin, as others do. When people have skin in the game, there is a tendency to care more about the outcome of the platform. I see @MALAY BANERJEE suggestion not unlike an ICO; sort of like a community driven PLO...pre-launch offering. Yes it would stimulate the token, but the idea that that is some how artificial to me doesn't truly have merit, because it clearly would reflect the actively participating community's belief in the project. In fact this would be a truer reflection of the strength of the project than the token assessment during the ICO, when we were sold the token at an arbitrary .33 cents.

In other words. Do what you want.

Emily Barnett posted:

I was about to say a very similar thing. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this thread. Having demand for the currency is a massive component for Narrative to be successful. I would argue even more than quality. If people don't buy the tokens then the tokens a person earns can not be cashed out. 

If you feel it is a wise investment buy tokens and hodl. If you feel that you want to purchase niches in the future, now is a good time, because i suspect the token price will go up shortly. The time for value has certainly been now and the majority of the last year.

As far as a collective time to buy 1000 tokens. I don't see it as problematic to the coin, as others do. When people have skin in the game, there is a tendency to care more about the outcome of the platform. I see @MALAY BANERJEE suggestion not unlike an ICO; sort of like a community driven PLO...pre-launch offering. Yes it would stimulate the token, but the idea that that is some how artificial to me does't truly have merit. In fact this would be a truer reflection of the strength of the project than the token assessment of the ICO when we were sold the token at .33 cents.

I figured a lot of the demand for the tokens would come from advertisers who want to advertise on Narrative. Then it'd be a cycle: Advertisers would buy tokens from exchanges, keeping the demand at a minimum level, and members would sell their tokens when they choose to, keeping tokens in circulation for advertisers to buy. Or am I wrong about that?

Heather Aston posted:
Emily Barnett posted:

As far as a collective time to buy 1000 tokens. I don't see it as problematic to the coin, as others do. When people have skin in the game, there is a tendency to care more about the outcome of the platform. I see @MALAY BANERJEE suggestion not unlike an ICO; sort of like a community driven PLO...pre-launch offering. Yes it would stimulate the token, but the idea that that is some how artificial to me does't truly have merit. In fact this would be a truer reflection of the strength of the project than the token assessment of the ICO when we were sold the token at .33 cents.

I figured a lot of the demand for the tokens would come from advertisers who want to advertise on Narrative. Then it'd be a cycle: Advertisers would buy tokens from exchanges, keeping the demand at a minimum level, and members would sell their tokens when they choose to, keeping tokens in circulation for advertisers to buy. Or am I wrong about that?

Of course, but that isn't going to happen right off the bat. We are not even launching with advertising capabilities according to the road map. And it may take some time for us to grow to a critical size that is enticing to advertisers. 

I suspect initially it will be wise for us to stake in the electoral rewards program, and that tokens will be purchased by two groups of people. Crypto speculators, and people wanting to purchase niches.

Emily Barnett posted:

As far as a time to collectively buy 1000 tokens each. I don't see it as problematic to the coin, as others do. When people have skin in the game, there is a tendency to care more about the outcome of the platform. I see @MALAY BANERJEE suggestion not unlike an ICO; sort of like a community driven PLO...pre-launch offering. Yes it would stimulate the token, but the idea that that is some how artificial to me doesn't truly have merit, because it clearly would reflect the actively participating community's belief in the project. In fact this would be a truer reflection of the strength of the project than the token assessment during the ICO, when we were sold the token at ant arbitrary .33 cents.

I'm impressed with this response - spot on in my view.

NRVE demand is a direct expression of how much the community believes in it.

If you think Narrative is going places and you want to invest some time and energy into it, investing in some NRVE can be considered part and parcel of that choice.

I'd recommend anyone who thinks they might want to buy a niche in the future, to buy more than 1000 NRVE at today's prices.  A few thousand - enough to cover several niche purchases.  Once the token price has risen, you'll find yourself buying your niches at a significantly lower cost than if you wait to buy NRVE later.

Staking NRVE for the electorate is another reason why buying NRVE now while it is cheap, is a very good idea.

Electorate (4%)

IMPORTANT: The Electorate component will not be available with the initial Beta launch of Narrative. We currently project that this component will not be added until Q2/Q3 2019. Until it is added the rewards reserved for the Electorate will instead be applied to Activity Rewards.

The purpose of the Electorate is to encourage community members to actively participate in votes of all kinds (niches, publications, ads, niche moderators, and Tribunal elections). To qualify for these rewards, however, members must commit to maintain a minimum balance of NRVE in their Narrative accounts.

Read more here.  (scroll down to Electorate)

Malkazoid posted:
Staking NRVE for the electorate is another reason why buying NRVE now while it is cheap, is a very good idea.

Electorate (4%)

IMPORTANT: The Electorate component will not be available with the initial Beta launch of Narrative. We currently project that this component will not be added until Q2/Q3 2019. Until it is added the rewards reserved for the Electorate will instead be applied to Activity Rewards.

The purpose of the Electorate is to encourage community members to actively participate in votes of all kinds (niches, publications, ads, niche moderators, and Tribunal elections). To qualify for these rewards, however, members must commit to maintain a minimum balance of NRVE in their Narrative accounts.

Read more here.  (scroll down to Electorate)

I don't know why I hadn't taken notice to this before. According to this, we should invest in at least 2,000 NRVE right now. And in my mind, this is probably one of the best reasons to invest in NRVE. 

I'm still trying to get a handle on the governance structure of Narrative. It seems like this post-Beta development would itself drive up the value of NRVE, particularly prior to Tribunal elections. While I see nothing in the specs that say owning any amount of NRVE is required to be on The Tribunal, it would seem that staking would make for a good campaign pitch for nominees. Given two equals, if one is staked and one isn't, I'd likely support the one who is.

I don't know why I hadn't taken notice to this before. According to this, we should invest in at least 2,000 NRVE right now. And in my mind, this is probably one of the best reasons to invest in NRVE. 

I'm still trying to get a handle on the governance structure of Narrative. It seems like this post-Beta development would itself drive up the value of NRVE, particularly prior to Tribunal elections. While I see nothing in the specs that say owning any amount of NRVE is required to be on The Tribunal, it would seem that staking would make for a good campaign pitch for nominees. Given two equals, if one is staked and one isn't, I'd likely support the one who is.

Interesting thought - that had not occurred to me.

Staking does show a level of commitment to the platform.  It is a shame that some people will not be able to stake because of financial limitations though.

I tend to like to keep money out of politics, but at least in this situation with Narrative, anyone can be nominated, and can campaign on the platform for free.

(There is now a Narrative Elections and Leadership niche for that purpose - and since it is a niche that yields rewards like any other, candidates are earning rather than spending, by campaigning)  Recent thread with info about the niche.

So I suppose it is worth it for candidates to mention if they have staked, and how much.  Thanks for bringing this angle to light.

Malkazoid posted:

Interesting thought - that had not occurred to me.

Staking does show a level of commitment to the platform.  It is a shame that some people will not be able to stake because of financial limitations though.

staking can come from earned tokens though. It doesn't have to be an outside investment of fiat into the platform...therefore I feel this levels out the playing field much more. It may just delay people from being staked. Tribunals are only one year....that is plenty of time to come up with enough earned tokens to stake.

As others have mentioned, this feels like artificially inflating the value and doesn't target the audiance which is required for Narrative to succeed.

Investors are going to look at the value of NRVE. While we have a lot of investing and digital currancy niches, over all I think they are (and in the future certainly will be) the minority. 

Look at the report page with popular niches - Nike, Air Jordan, Space Exploration, Aerospace, Food, Audi, Basketball Recruiting, Music, Writing and Parenting.

Those are the type of people being active. More than likely they are motivated to post because of the incentive, but they are probably not thinking about the value of NRVE. 

That being said, if a niche cost 1000 NRVE ($10), I would completely support your suggestion. The more owned niches we have, the more people who will be attracted, and the more the community can grow. 

I don't think like an investor so to me this is pretty much just gambling.

I like gambling, but unless I see the odds, I pass on the game. I have seen the payout percentages, but I haven't seen the numbers that will apply to them. (Maybe things like expected advertising income are somewhere on this site, but I haven't seen them yet.) 

The focus needs to be on the content, not the currency.

Just my 9 NRVE. 

Add Reply