Good Morning Narrative community,

I just finished telling my husband how fascinating it has been to watch the birth of a new kind of social media platform. From the suggestions, to the voting to the intelligent and very polite debates on the community platform. 

So my questions are to you: Are you fascinated, too? What is keeping you most attentive? What are you surprised by as we are now moving into the third stage of niche selection later this afternoon?

Original Post

@Emily Barnett Great question. I'm kind of sitting back watching it all and I'm very fascinated by it. The whole Niche thing keeps me the most surprised, I had no idea Niches would cause so much frustration for so many.

If you read the white paper Narrative is so much more than just the Niches.

Maybe the team should LEAK some other aspects of the platform.  MR.GS

Emily Barnett posted:

Good Morning Narrative community,

I just finished telling my husband how fascinating it has been to watch the birth of a new kind of social media platform. From the suggestions, to the voting to the intelligent and very polite debates on the community platform. 

So my questions are to you: Are you fascinated, too? What is keeping you most attentive? What are you surprised by as we are now moving into the third stage of niche selection later this afternoon?

In some ways it hugest social study, ever. It's been a fun to see how people discuss all of the principles behind Narrative, and then each little detail - in great detail. 

It's been a blast to see how people attack their niche decisions. Before the Alpha I was wondering will they go as huge and broad as possible, or do they narrow it down as tightly as they can?  Will a lot of people jump in as soon as possible and try to nail their niche? Or wait on it and wait till the founders run out of open slots or NRVE?  I'm with you, it is fascinating and I'm looking forward to seeing the buying and suggesting trends not just over the next couple of days but over the next few months and even years.  

mrgoodsett posted:

@Emily BarnettIf you read the white paper Narrative is so much more than just the Niches.

Indeed, but that is what is in front of everyone right now.  Once more of Narrative and Native become visible then the discussions will go to these parts, in great detail. And that's great!  Frustration is passion and caring and desire.  It's way better than crickets. 

mrgoodsett posted:

@Emily Barnett Great question. I'm kind of sitting back watching it all and I'm very fascinated by it. The whole Niche thing keeps me the most surprised, I had no idea Niches would cause so much frustration for so many.

If you read the white paper Narrative is so much more than just the Niches.

Maybe the team should LEAK some other aspects of the platform.  MR.GS

It shouldn't be such a surprise.

Niches are what we're focusing on now.  Its the whole point of Chaucer, and the only aspect of Narrative that is in existence in any shape or form.

It is also the aspect many people are most interested in, if they are the connector/entrepreneur type of contributor.  

I'm not surprised some people aren't interested in niches...  We've all got different plans for what we would like to bring to the network (thankfully).

The downvoters have got me stumped. There are three users (2 Founders and 1 Patron) that consistently reject completely reasonable Niches.

I appreciate @Emily Barnett taking the time to explain her downvotes. I have been doing the same. If my understanding is correct, the Niches that are horribly named, will have a chance to be 'edited' for clarity after the auction is over.

I had typed up a new Niche suggestion, calling it "Niche Voter Eduction for Founders" and then described the irrational behaviors of the aformentioned Founders, including calling them out by their user names... 

Then a little angel that looked like a cross between my wife and Jiminy Cricket appeared at my shoulder and suggested that I had better also suggest a Niche called "Passive Aggressive Much" and then call-out myself in the description... so I deleted the idea.... and snuck it in here! 

Bryan posted:

The downvoters have got me stumped. There are three users (2 Founders and 1 Patron) that consistently reject completely reasonable Niches.

I appreciate @Emily Barnett taking the time to explain her downvotes. I have been doing the same. If my understanding is correct, the Niches that are horribly named, will have a chance to be 'edited' for clarity after the auction is over.

I had typed up a new Niche suggestion, calling it "Niche Voter Eduction for Founders" and then described the irrational behaviors of the aformentioned Founders, including calling them out by their user names... 

Then a little angel that looked like a cross between my wife and Jiminy Cricket appeared at my shoulder and suggested that I had better also suggest a Niche called "Passive Aggressive Much" and then call-out myself in the description... so I deleted the idea.... and snuck it in here! 

Hahaha don't worry about it! There's one in particular that I'm not a fan of who has made one of the niches im eyeing to skyrocket in price. The same individual downvoted my niche suggestion and upvoted a niche that was clearly a duplicate already. -.-

Dias Flac posted:
Bryan posted:

Hahaha don't worry about it! There's one in particular that I'm not a fan of who has made one of the niches im eyeing to skyrocket in price. The same individual downvoted my niche suggestion and upvoted a niche that was clearly a duplicate already. -.-

It's enough to start feeling paranoid!

Malkazoid posted:
Dias Flac posted:
Bryan posted:

It's enough to start feeling paranoid!

*laughs maniacally*

In all seriousness though, the ICO one presents an opportunity for us to track how the "Appeals" process is handled so all may not be for naught.

Hi Emily

To answer your questions am I too! and Yes I am very much fascinated how this is all evolving and the coversations seem to be flowing so fast!!

What is keeping me most attentive is the potential how this is building up and how we can be developing somthing which I hope with stand the test of time and I can give to my son  

I am surprised the speed of the chat and how everything is growing so fast and as we are now moving into the third stage of niche selection and then we can also start looking to suggest and bid all amazing really

It is very exciting @Harj! I am finding myself constantly checking in on the niches and conversations. I hope there is some sort of posting version in the alpha version that will allow us to begin writing some content for our niches. It would be great to harness this enthusiasm while having some content in place when the beta version opens in the 4th quarter. I am sure the core team has thought of this already. 

Add Reply