Hello @Narrative Network Team,

I placed a bid on a niche that was subsequently won by someone else.

However no bid slot has been released, so this is constraining my ability to bid elsewhere.

I can understand perhaps the rationale is that the winner may default on payment, so the losing bids may become important in the future?

But there should still be a button to remove one's bid from a niche, once it has been won by someone else.  I don't see that button.

This is particularly important since the issue preventing folks from paying for their niches.  If this issue persists, more and more people will have slots tied up in finished auctions with pending payment issues - until nobody will be able to bid anymore?

Is this something the devs can solve?

In the meantime, is there something that can be done to not penalise people who are in my situation?  Perhaps add a bidding slot for them temporarily when they alert you that they want to remove a bid, but can't - as I am doing now?

Thanks for your consideration!

Original Post
Brian Lenz posted:

Hi @Malkazoid, can you confirm that you're looking for the withdraw button on the actual auction page? For example, on the Food niche, you should be able to withdraw here:

https://alpha.narrative.networ...ion/3847756784890364

You should see a red button to Withdraw Your Bid(s) at the top right. 

Thanks for finding the solution so quickly!  I was looking at the niche page, not the auction page!  I'm only now realising the two are not one and the same...

Sorry for the false alarm!

Hi @Rosemary, I accidently withdrew my bid from the auction which I still like to participate in. Is there some way to reverse the process ? If I still have enough bidding slots and I didn't make any bidding action since the withdrawal there perhaps could be a possibility to take the withdrawal back? 

Thanks for information 

Ok, no problem. 

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better/safer to make the withdrawal permanent with your next action in the bidding process (you bid on other niche)?

Or maybe just add there some confirmation window asking something like "are you really sure you want to withdraw from this auction"? It can easily happen that you make a mistake, so why not confirm it twice...

As I said, it is just a suggestion. I can imagine that you guys must be overwhelmed right now.

Soňa posted:

Ok, no problem. 

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better/safer to make the withdrawal permanent with your next action in the bidding process (you bid on other niche)?

Or maybe just add there some confirmation window asking something like "are you really sure you want to withdraw from this auction"? It can easily happen that you make a mistake, so why not confirm it twice...

As I said, it is just a suggestion. I can imagine that you guys must be overwhelmed right now.

Hi @Soňa! You should already be seeing a confirmation window confirming you'd like to withdraw from the auction, so it's not just a one-step process:

If you withdraw from this auction, you will free up this slot to bid on another Niche, but you will forfeit your right to participate in this auction. Are you sure you want to continue?

I'm not seeing the value of requiring a subsequent bidding action to "finalize" your withdrawal...

Brian Lenz posted:
Soňa posted:

Ok, no problem. 

Hi @Soňa! You should already be seeing a confirmation window confirming you'd like to withdraw from the auction, so it's not just a one-step process:

If you withdraw from this auction, you will free up this slot to bid on another Niche, but you will forfeit your right to participate in this auction. Are you sure you want to continue?

I'm not seeing the value of requiring a subsequent bidding action to "finalize" your withdrawal...

I'm not certain, but I think what Sona might be saying is something I experienced too.  When you click the red withdraw button, the confirmation button comes up.

From there, it is fairly easy to press the wrong button to cancel, if you're not paying attention.  I didn't press the wrong button, but I remember thinking how many times one does hit OK instead of Cancel, or Cancel instead of OK in the course of things.  It happens...  usually it doesn't matter, but in the case of a niche you really wanted to buy, it would be sad.

When dealing with irreversible and important user decisions, there is often a second confirmation asking "Are you sure you really want to [...] ?"

I probably wold not have included one either in the course of a first pass at development - but Sona is living proof it could save folks some grief.  We've only been bidding for a week and someone has already had a ned for it.

But like she said - no doubt the features list is long and growing and you guys have your hands full!

Thanks Malkazoid for support ! yes, it was pretty quick process for me. I actually wanted to try the withdrawal on a niche I was not that interested in anymore and thought I was withdrawing from that one.

Well, I hope that this won't happen to other people too. But if yes, it could be a good reason to modify the layout of the withdrawal page. Well, I sure won't try the withdraw button with backpacking !

Soňa posted:

Thanks Malkazoid for support ! yes, it was pretty quick process for me. I actually wanted to try the withdrawal on a niche I was not that interested in anymore and thought I was withdrawing from that one.

Well, I hope that this won't happen to other people too. But if yes, it could be a good reason to modify the layout of the withdrawal page. Well, I sure won't try the withdraw button with backpacking !

Ah - sweet: good to hear it wasn't an auction you cared about!

It happened to me too on a niche I did care actually. It was fully my mistake, I didn't realize the first time a withdraw meant total exclusion of the auction but only wanted to withdraw my to low bidding to decrease the number of biddings since the three last bids were all mine. Totally useless to do this, but I did and learned 😉

@Malkazoid Well I was actually a little bit interested in the niche, but fortunately it was not my top priority. And already now, I feel that I will have more than enough of niche owning, I would like to do the other stuff as well. So basically no harm done

@Jeroenski74 Sad to hear that... but just as you say, it is a good lesson. I see that in the same way. I hope you will get some of your other chosen topics safely through the bidding process !

Add Reply