Hi Founders, 

Congratulations on your Niches. I am excited to be a reader, contributor, and hopefully a moderator for some of these terrific Niches that are now in existence.

I have noticed that many of the founders have seemly left the building when it comes to voting on the  Niches suggested by the patrons . I would encourage you to participate in this round of voting, even though you have your niches, for the following reasons:

1. Most of you have been here from the beginning, and are a lot more familiar with which niches are truly redundant. Some really good niches are starting to take a downward cycle simply because there are a few people who are systematically voting down almost everything. Combined with fewer voters contributing, and some of the new people are just following suite of the downward cycle. (full disclosure my own niche  "Equality" is sliding --It isn't redundant...and I would hate to think that articles about human rights is something that this community does not support. I believe it is just because there is a lack of people voting.)

2. The Niches are a core element of the success of Narrative and we are a building a community right now. We have to help build each others homes.

So there you have it. I am rallying for your continued participation. If you haven't voted today, please have a look at all the new Niches over the past 2 days and cast your votes

Thank you very much, and have a good night. 

Original Post

Emily - I have heard your call loud and clear.  Thank you very much for this.

My excuse is I've been in crunch mode on a deadline, whilst simultaneously schlepping through 4 flights between Portugal and Japan... but Narrative doesn't have any use for our excuses - it needs to succeed, period!

On to it now.

Emad posted:

Emily,

you are very active, and I like to read all your topics

Well thank you @Emad this middle-aged lady will happily accept your compliments. 

And thank you to everyone for hearing my call, and jumping right in, and to those that have been sticking with it all along...I love how invested people are in the success of this thing. It just demonstrates how powerful decentralization truly is. 

We are setting the tone here, in a short amount of time we will double and then triple in size and the demands of building this will be shared by other new comers. This is exciting!

Soňa posted:

I was off for two days. But now I am back and ready to support all those interesting niches that appeared in ballot box. Hope that Equality gets approved! 

It is doing much better now @Soňa. Thank you. This one niche is meaningful. If it got voted down for inaccurate reasons, I think it would be pretty disappointing to many, not just myself.

Glad to have you back btw!

Emily Barnett posted:
Soňa posted:

I was off for two days. But now I am back and ready to support all those interesting niches that appeared in ballot box. Hope that Equality gets approved! 

It is doing much better now @Soňa. Thank you. This one niche is meaningful. If it got voted down for inaccurate reasons, I think it would be pretty disappointing to many, not just myself.

Yes, it is definitely one of the key topics in today society. And many people will surely follow it, including myself,  I am glad you suggested it.

On another note, it is really great to go through the ballot box every time and see all the new interesting topics appear there. There are of course some repetitive topics but there are also many inspiring ideas and it's just encouraging to watch the diversity. So agreeing with @MichelleG, thanks Emily for being active!

Soňa posted:
Emily Barnett posted:
Soňa posted:

Yes, it is definitely one of the key topics in today society. And many people will surely follow it, including myself,  I am glad you suggested it.

On another note, it is really great to go through the ballot box every time and see all the new interesting topics appear there. There are of course some repetitive topics but there are also many inspiring ideas and it's just encouraging to watch the diversity. So agreeing with @MichelleG, thanks Emily for being active!

Thanks @Soňa and @MichelleG It's a group effort. Another day someone else will notice and put out a call...what a lovely thing to have nobody yet everybody in charge. Freedom, I call it.

Add Reply