Given that there weren't a lot of videos on YouTube or articles about Narrative Network, out of curiosity, I want to know how you heard about Narrative and what made you believe in the project to the point of dropping your hard-earned cash for the cause?

I'll start: 

I was looking at projects on the NEO platform (I'm a big believer that NEO will be the future so I wanted to invest in projects that shared my beliefs) and that's how I stumbled upon Narrative. I saw their article about making the switch from Ethereum to NEO and liked what I read so I dug deeper. My first impression when I read the whitepaper was that this would be a Reddit-like product so I was instantly interested. The more I read though, the more I realized that it was probably going to be more like a Steemit competitor using the NEO platform. Not as exciting, I thought to myself, but a pretty solid idea considering that Steemit is in the top 50 in Coinmarketcap.

I then started to do my due diligence to see if it's something that I'd seriously consider to trade my NEO for (remember, holding NEO at the end of the month would yield Ontology tokens so this was a huge deal)! First I looked at the team/company and during my research I found that their product is good but the team was GREAT! The reviews I read spoke highly of the customer support that the team provided and that was just further validated when I joined the Telegram group and saw how they interacted with others. I looked at the Tokenomics and went, "Mannnnn, that's a decent bonus at presale" (33% bonus). But then I saw something that caught my eye... that's right, Founder status - 60 NEO. A once in a lifetime opportunity to be Founder (which has immediate benefits such as getting dibs on niches and other bonuses and future perks and rewards yet to be announced). I looked at my portfolio again and looked at those precious NEO that I have been accumulating since the beginning of the year and almost shed a tear because I knew then, that we would soon part ways. Despite not having the ICO buzz, the shlling crazy brought by likes of Ian Balina or Suppoman, nor the opportunity of getting the tokens at a steeper discount, I decided to take a leap of faith on the team, their vision, and the project.

Original Post

Simply researching the words blockchain and social media I came across the Narrative site.  I had been visiting a few sites dealing with social media but most were not interesting or seemed like a faraway venture so I kept my eye on Narrative. I invested because I simply believe Narrative can be the #1 blockchain site in the near future. Great question, looking forward to more!!!

Lovin your stories guys how you heard about it Narrative!

Mine is abit of all yours really I did the google search first and read about it but did nothing at the time then next I saw it on Token market as I was just looking through the new ICO's and then it got my attention and I started to do some research and noticed some big investors supporting Narrative, I knew this was special so I joined the telegram and started a conversation with Rose, Mic and Lori and they told me what I had to do... for me I never really did anything with NEO before, I was apprensive, I compared it to catching 11 trains!!

but then somthing happend maybe it was reading the white paper or somthing I just decieded this is it and my journey started downloaded the NEON wallet..

Harj x

After investing in a number of ICOs, my Twitter and Facebook feeds started to light up with new ICO ideas. I came across Narrative on my Twitter feed. I can't remember whether it was a paid ad or a retweet. Anyway, I loved, loved, loved the ad and website. It was everything I was looking for so I joined the telegram group.... and oh my gosh, just 50 people in the group! So I thought, ok, let's see where this goes?  I watched the group grow organically. I think this has a lot to do with the likes of Michael interacting with people on a day to day basis. No hype, just human chatter. Clearly, they know how to handle social media, I thought.

In tandem to this, my wife sent me a link about NEO. As soon as I read about NEO I was onboard and bought a nice tidy stash @$50.

As Narrative started to develop I kept seeing Ted pop up on Twitter in reference to NEO and I thought, They're gonna switch over to NEO for their ICO, I know it.

When narrative announced they were switching to NEO, I was very happy, Founder status @$50. Yes please, I'll take it!

Actually I would have paid for founder status @180, but I guess I got lucky on this front.

I'm really hoping that narrative will become a place where I can migrate my online persona to.  Where I can connect with old friends and new, yet not have to trawl through the reams of trash, bot-created click bait.

I'm so put off by the direction social media has taken at the moment. 

Being part of a new solution is very appealing. Narrative may not stick, but it's always seemed very sticky to me and I hope this will rub off on others. 

Hi Rich

I liked reading your post its great your wife is on board with the crypto movment! Good one!

wow you did very well and great investigation work on getting here with Narrative, im impressed.

Im Looking forward to more posts by you Rich, I agree with you 100% about Narrative and NEO I came in recently with NEO, looking forward to the journey. : )

Harj

I came across narrative switch from ethereum to Neo and was impress with that move !! These guys are serious !! As a big investor in steem; I saw the marketcap potential of narrative and how nrve is half the tokens as steem. It was a no brainer . I think this is a hidden gem and long term hodl !!! 

These are interesting. I didn't actually find Narrative, it found me... at the right place, and the right "frame of mind." 

I was at a birthday party with one of my kids and was talking with another parent who mentioned Narrative. I knew just enough about crypto (from all my colleague's BTC and ETH talk at the office) to drop a Lazlo Pizza Reference joke in the right spot of the conversation and indicate I was "hip" to what was being discussed. My glazed over eyes may have told a different story. That's about as much thought as I put in to it... at that time

But, the conversation turned to discuss the new content economy and owning your own data and rewarding content with crypto. Never have I heard, or used, the word Fiat in a non-automotive context as much as I did that afternoon.  My interest was piqued, but not convinced. 

After going home, I dutifully logged on to the site and read the Whitepaper. I actually read it from end to end. And then the ghost of my father appeared over my shoulder, shimmering in a monochromatic, blue-tinted fog. He said "Luke... use the —"

No, wait. That's not what happened. I remember my dad (who is still alive and kicking) always lamenting that he hadn't bought Microsoft stock when he first thought about doing so. And, kicking himself every year as he saw what he COULD have earned by a low-risk, early investment. Those memories corroborated with the more recent laments, the crypto-savvy exhalations, of my co-workers who are techy, devvy types. 

I resolved to only invest what I could afford to lose (not wanting to have to sell one of my children, again). And, I went through the painful learning process of setting up exchange accounts, wallets, and buying in to the game. My wife and I are more interested in the platform as a place to create content, since that's what we do. But, getting a foot in the door, early, was an opportunity I don't want to lament 20 years from now.

I'm thankful for that other kid's' dad, who refused to stop talking about crypto, NEO, and Narrative. In spite of all the signs—my glazed eyes, restless leg, and slack posture—he forged ahead and gave me just enough of a nudge to start finding this stuff out for myself! 

David Dreezer posted:

Totally off topic, but someone that uses "piqued" properly is someone that I will follow.

Example 1- David was considerbly piqued due to the the team refuting his ideas.

Example 2- After reading the summary line for Narrative, David's was piqued and wanted to find out more.

When I updated the Neon Wallet, I noticed a few new features, which is how I stumbled upon NRVE. I noticed the link in the wallet to participate in ICOs and saw NRVE. Checked out the site and watched their video and liked it, and now I'm here! 

I have been holding NEO for some time now, and I loved the idea of the quality of ICOs being launched there (well, except for NEX, but that's another quarry.) I started researching what were the upcoming ICOs in NEO and stumbled upon Narrative. I went on Medium, read the article about Niches and had a bit of an argument with somebody from the team (the classic "We shouldn't bid for Niches, the creator shouldn't own it.") Still I thought it wouldn't be a waste to put about 10 NEO and see what happened. But when the ICO came, I FOMOed and ended up becoming a Founder. And here I am, rocking this forum

Bryan posted:

These are interesting. I didn't actually find Narrative, it found me... at the right place, and the right "frame of mind." 

I was at a birthday party with one of my kids and was talking with another parent who mentioned Narrative. I knew just enough about crypto (from all my colleague's BTC and ETH talk at the office) to drop a Lazlo Pizza Reference joke in the right spot of the conversation and indicate I was "hip" to what was being discussed. My glazed over eyes may have told a different story. That's about as much thought as I put in to it... at that time

But, the conversation turned to discuss the new content economy and owning your own data and rewarding content with crypto. Never have I heard, or used, the word Fiat in a non-automotive context as much as I did that afternoon.  My interest was piqued, but not convinced. 

After going home, I dutifully logged on to the site and read the Whitepaper. I actually read it from end to end. And then the ghost of my father appeared over my shoulder, shimmering in a monochromatic, blue-tinted fog. He said "Luke... use the —"

No, wait. That's not what happened. I remember my dad (who is still alive and kicking) always lamenting that he hadn't bought Microsoft stock when he first thought about doing so. And, kicking himself every year as he saw what he COULD have earned by a low-risk, early investment. Those memories corroborated with the more recent laments, the crypto-savvy exhalations, of my co-workers who are techy, devvy types. 

I resolved to only invest what I could afford to lose (not wanting to have to sell one of my children, again). And, I went through the painful learning process of setting up exchange accounts, wallets, and buying in to the game. My wife and I are more interested in the platform as a place to create content, since that's what we do. But, getting a foot in the door, early, was an opportunity I don't want to lament 20 years from now.

I'm thankful for that other kid's' dad, who refused to stop talking about crypto, NEO, and Narrative. In spite of all the signs—my glazed eyes, restless leg, and slack posture—he forged ahead and gave me just enough of a nudge to start finding this stuff out for myself! 

Man, I now already know that I’m going to love reading your Niche(s). 

This is the second post from you I read (I had the same syndrome you discribed in your Man Suffers post), and you made me laugh out loud (ROFL in crypto language ;-). 

I joined Steemit a few months ago and found the whole economics of it fascinating. Very envious of those whales at the top!

I’ve been a NEO fanboy for about 8 months. I checked out the list of ICO’s and Narrative fell from the sky.

Very well written WP, but the Founder benefits were really what made me put my precious NEO on the table.

Looking forward to see how it all plays out...makes life seem a little less ordinary 

I literally just went to ICOalert and typed in "social platform" - there were more than 10 or so but Narrative just seemed like the most solid option. I am also looking at Sapien. 

I blog from time to time so I want all of my content to be decentralized and AWAY from those long arms at Facebook and similar.

Can't wait to start posting in niches and possibly own one myself as well! 

I was new to crypto at the start of the year. I quickly realised that NEO kicked arse. I read a few blogs, visited https://neonewstoday.com/ and found out all I could. I then stumbled across a link to http://icowhitelists.com/neo-icos/ which mentioned Narrative. I researched and realised it was a great project on the Neo blockchain that I just had to invest in. Love Narrative. Love Neo.

Add Reply