Hey there everyone,

I looked into the "EVENTS" tab but I couldn't find any information regarding when we have the beta platform launch!

The waitlist page has information mentioning we might have the beta launch later this year, but aren't we already later-later of this year?!

So, how many rounds more of Narrative Alpha to go until we launch the beta?

Original Post

I sure hope it is soon. the interest in Narrative really seems to be fizzling as time goes on. I know I was hoping to see the beta launch at the beginning of the fourth quarter....now as we approach December I am just hopeful that the team meats the target, and that we can start posting by the end of 2018.  I think this is critical.

Emily Barnett posted:

I sure hope it is soon. the interest in Narrative really seems to be fizzling as time goes on. I know I was hoping to see the beta launch at the beginning of the fourth quarter....now as we approach December I am just hopeful that the team meats the target, and that we can start posting by the end of 2018.  I think this is critical.

I'm a little concerned too.  In 5 days we'll be half way between the release of the revamped alpha and the promised Beta launch - and we have not seen any of the incremental updates that were supposed to slot in along the way.  This tells me we're not on track for Beta, OR development is happening on many fronts at once and they are all going to bear fruit around the same time.  This second possibility mostly kills the notion of incremental updates but at least would mean we might still be on track for the Beta launch before the year is up.

I'm not too worried at this point.

Outside of our little crypto-sphere, blogging platforms that aren't even workable would never generate any serious interest anyway. I wouldn't want to see any serious advertising campaign until Narrative has a full working product beta.

The worst thing you can do as a developer, is to release half-baked software to the world, because you only get one chance to make that first impression. I'm speaking for myself here, but I haven't even looked at any timelines. I generally am flexible with developer timelines, especially if this is the team's first foray into creating a token-based economy.

What would worry me, is the lack of updates from the team, or 'fluff' updates that continuously push back timelines... that's usually a sign that the timeline was too ambitious, but even then, it's up to the adults of the team to be honest with their stakeholders that there's a delay, and tell them exactly what's going on. It really depends if the team is as 'transparent' as they say they are.

If we hit January and there's still nothing to show, that's when sentiments will probably become noticeably louder in the community forums and on social media.

I'm still confident that the team's going to make a beta launch in December. That's technically still along the lines of the original roadmap, albeit a little stretchy.

I do still feel that Narrative needs a mobile app for Android & iOS to launch with (or sometime within) the beta test. Even if the platform is fully responsive for any common screen size, me and the 'average joe' will look for their online services in the App/Play Store and want to use it from the comfort of their home screen.

An app sounds like a lot of development overhead, but technically, at least from the beginning, it's enough to just 'encapsulate' access to the website while integrating with the phone's API for notifications.

Everyone that took part, or referred another person should pat yourselves on the back a little.   Last time that I looked at the member count was when Melanie posted about passing 5k users and it's been a few rounds since then.  Stop and think about that.  Of the oodles of ICO and token sale projects out there, how many today have more than 5k users?  How many are growing users? 

435/500 on round 17.  Amazing! 17 rounds of referrals from the community!

From in here at Narrative Central (I just made that up, so feel free to find a better one) it's gratifying to see the community pull together like this and that real people are waiting to use the fruits of the work that is being done.

Also note that a good chunk of those 10k users probably doesn't care about NRVE and crypto (yet), and signed up because they're interested in a social network that doesn't eat their users while being feature-rich and accessible.

Of course NRVE is what determines the value of the network and thus it should be made as easy as possible to obtain. My favorite exchange at the moment is definitely KuCoin, which isn't trading NRVE yet. I've been way more careful with shady exchanges after the Bitpaction scam earlier this year, even while always followed best practices.

Anyway, on a side note, ICO-projects shouldn't at their core lean on the value of it's token and it's promises, but instead the associated product should make the token valuable. Sounds like common sense, yet there are enough ICO-projects that have failed or became obscure due to this.

Add Reply