Some folks on Facebook were asking where Narrative will pull in revenue from.

The sources I am aware of are:

- Ads

- Brand channel purchase and renewal fees

- Niche purchase and renewal fees

- 5% fee on niche purchase price if it is put up for sale by auction by its owner

Does the @Narrative Network Team have plans to let users select aspects of their data for monetisation, making it accessible either anonymously or not, to brands and analytics?

Original Post

There's a most interesting Google Survey App. 

https://play.google.com/store/....paidtasks&hl=en

It goes on your phone and asks questions every day or so.  Of course, it's connected to your Google Identity so it knows who you are.  The interesting part is it tells you after each survey completion what you earned.  Amounts like  $0.16 or $0.43.  It keeps a running total and you can spend "earnings"  in the Play store.

I like that it explicitly pays you for your data. 

My takeaway is there is a place for monetizing one's attention and data as long as it's all up front and with my knowledge and by my choice.  It's the surreptitious harvesting of same that gets my back up.

Michael Farris posted:

There's a most interesting Google Survey App. 

https://play.google.com/store/....paidtasks&hl=en

It goes on your phone and asks questions every day or so.  Of course, it's connected to your Google Identity so it knows who you are.  The interesting part is it tells you after each survey completion what you earned.  Amounts like  $0.16 or $0.43.  It keeps a running total and you can spend "earnings"  in the Play store.

I like that it explicitly pays you for your data. 

My takeaway is there is a place for monetizing one's attention and data as long as it's all up front and with my knowledge and by my choice.  It's the surreptitious harvesting of same that gets my back up.

what I resent is at parasitic nature of my data. If I have to watch ads for centralized media to make income, then they better not be selling my activity and keeping the money too... it's like they are pimping me out, but forgetting to pay me for the dirty deed. 

So Narrative  slogan should be

Control of your content.

Control of your data.

I hope they will add more revenue streams because I guess right now the main revenue comes from niche purchase and in future renewal but that is not a sustainable way to keep the platform alive..who purchases niches wants to earn more than what they spend so the difference must come from somewhere..I hope this platform will do well but right now I don't clearly see how it can be self-sustaining without relying too much on their users to fund it

Aboutcoolscience posted:

I hope they will add more revenue streams because I guess right now the main revenue comes from niche purchase and in future renewal but that is not a sustainable way to keep the platform alive..who purchases niches wants to earn more than what they spend so the difference must come from somewhere..I hope this platform will do well but right now I don't clearly see how it can be self-sustaining without relying too much on their users to fund it

Right now, you're not seeing the ads, because we'll need to build up enough traffic to warrant them...but content-targeted ads will be a major component of our revenue in the future. We have also discussed in-app purchases and other revenue streams inside the platform.

Thank you for your reply, I think this aspect is very important and will determine also how much time and effort users will dedicate to the platform.. effective communication will be crucial especially regarding revenue, if I wanted to look up some stats to get a general idea where we stand I would not know where to look..also the thing about the certification was not well executed..many users never heard of it until after purchasing a niche and I personally got mixed feelings about it and the pricing part. Will users be able to withdraw their earnings even without being certified? 

Add Reply