Hi all, I've been reading the recent threads about the niche review/voting process and a potential fix occurs to me.
Why not have a simple function for niche proposers to withdraw their submission?
When suggesting a niche, it seems to me that the person suggesting ought to automatically be set to follow that niche proposal. That way, they will get auto notifications when comments are left. If the comments make a clear enough case, the proposer can simply withdraw the proposal. They could then submit a new one.
1. There is currently a suggested niche in the ballot box, called Biophelia.
2. This is a simple misspelling of Biophilia.
3. I left a comment to that effect.
4. Proposer should get notified of my comment
5. Proposer withdraws submission.
6. Proposer submits Biophilia.
7. Community votes in favour
8. Happy days all round
As an alternative, that process can go on for days and/or require tribunal etc, THEN a new submission can be made.
I know which I think is easier. What do you think?