Hey is it just me, or is anyone else noticing their images disappearing from their posts that are queued up? Is there a size limit or something. I need to resolve this before we launch, because several of my images keep disappearing.

Original Post

Hi @Emily Barnett! We aren't aware of any such issues. Can you provide a few more details about what's happening? How exactly is the issue manifesting itself? Are there broken images? Do you have any screenshots or error messages you can provide? If you could also provide the URL to the edit post page of a post having this issue, that would be helpful for us to look into specific posts to try to diagnose what's going on.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, @Emily Barnett. We've been busy putting the finishing touches on the next release. Thanks for providing the details; it's all we needed to confirm the problem 

There is currently an issue isolated to images that have a space in the filename. This is an issue that is actually already fixed as part of the upcoming Certification & Onboarding release. For now, I would recommend you only upload files that do not have a space in the filename to avoid this issue. You should be able to confirm that the images disappearing from posts all have a space in the filename.

Once the Certification & Onboarding release is out, there won't be any issues with spaces in uploaded image filenames.

Hope that helps!

Hmmm. That obviously doesn't sound right, @Emily Barnett  Would you mind posting another screenshot to show what you're seeing? Then we can try to replicate and determine if there is a fix.

My main suggestion would be to try to backspace/delete/highlight the errant character to try to remove it, but I'm sure you've already tried most of those

Sure, here is a screen shot. So i deleted the broke n link and the caption that was with it, but as i deleted the caption this greater than symbol appeared. It wasn't in my caption. I cannot delete it not can i move my paragraph up to the top, it is like it is still occupying the space where the picture once was. I hope that helps.

Attachments

Photos (1)

There's one thing you can do to get rid of it to save you from having to create a whole new post. I will admit this is not at all intuitive, so we are looking into ways to improve it:

1. Click up right before where the > is in what used to be the caption.
  2. Hit the delete key (not backspace, but the forward-delete key).
  3. That should remove the > character.
  4. Even though you can't see the element there, repeat the process (starting with another click in step 1) to remove the rest of the space. With each click and delete, you should be able to delete one line of the extra white space.

Give that a shot and let me know if you're able to solve it!

Brian Lenz posted:

There's one thing you can do to get rid of it to save you from having to create a whole new post. I will admit this is not at all intuitive, so we are looking into ways to improve it:

1. Click up right before where the > is in what used to be the caption.
  2. Hit the delete key (not backspace, but the forward-delete key).
  3. That should remove the > character.
  4. Even though you can't see the element there, repeat the process (starting with another click in step 1) to remove the rest of the space. With each click and delete, you should be able to delete one line of the extra white space.

Give that a shot and let me know if you're able to solve it!

It won't let me do anything. I can click on the symbol itself but cannot delete it. I can click on the very top of the page but not where the image was.

I can click where the text begins, but i can not delete the spaces above it.

It can work (I've done it with this exact scenario), but you have to be really careful about where you click. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the cursor doesn't appear when you click in the caption in this case, so it's very hard to see.

If you're still having trouble with it, unfortunately the only option right now is to create a new post and delete the old one.

Sorry I don't have a better answer! We have this logged for further investigation. It's definitely a strange case that was caused by the image being deleted when it shouldn't have been, so hopefully it shouldn't be an ongoing problem in the future.

Add Reply