My Network of people in the real world seems to be vast and varied. I have always considered it my best asset. I am sure that there are others in this community that also have cultivated a great network of people. Now is the time that we need to look at our new Narrative Community, look at the Niches, and then look at our Network of people we know and ask are selves, who might be interested in contributing, reading or moderating for all of these different niches.

Strengthen our community is paramount to success. For instance, I don't own Aquarium Life, however I am friends with some who owns one of the larges aquarium supply companies...he just rebuilt a new, larger factory in China. He got into the business because he was obsessed with aquarium Life since he was a kid. I will do my best to get him involved somehow. 

So dig deep folks. Even the Niches don't seem obvious to you, you may have a person in your network whom is passionate about it. Lets fill up telegram with making connections with each other, rather than just asking when the NRVE will be on the exchange. 

Original Post

Hi Emily,

Brilliant - lets indeed connect each other!

I've been thinking about timing though...  

When is it best to actually connect with these folks?  Because once we do, there will be a space of perhaps 2 weeks in which action will be optimal... then the twin diseases of forgetfulness and distraction will kick in, and people will start to consider Narrative is something they might get around to, if and when it launches...

Quietly I've been planning my roadmap for my niches, but I want to actually connect with content producers closer to launch.  I also want to be certain that the tools will be ready by the time they get involved.  Nothing would be more of a shame than for us to blow our best CPs on a premature phase, having them get frustrated and depressed by buggy, or broken tools?

I am on the same page as you @Malkazoid, timing is important. Like you there are some people I am going to connect with right before. Others I am going to be reaching out to in the summer, so that they can have a fresh crop of content to post when it launches. Then there are the cold calls....I am starting to reach out to content creators within certain niches that are on social media already and just trying to start a friendship...this is the long haul approach so that I can build a bit of a rapport up first.

+2 points for early-rapport building. For my New Parish Niche, I'm treating the initial contact with CPs as a Call For Submissions for a new monthly/quarterly online magazine...

Starting with the people I know first to build the backlog, and waiting for a working platform to start collecting from the rest. 

Bryan posted:

+2 points for early-rapport building. For my New Parish Niche, I'm treating the initial contact with CPs as a Call For Submissions for a new monthly/quarterly online magazine...

Starting with the people I know first to build the backlog, and waiting for a working platform to start collecting from the rest. 

Outstanding approach - methinks.  

Add Reply