Welcome to the official Narrative Community. This is the place to provide information, thoughts, and ideas on the platform development and keep up with Narrative news. Oftentimes, the Narrative organization will solicit feedback on design aspects as well. Please feel free to introduce yourself here.
This Narrative Community is not the actual Narrative Platform. (Keep reading to learn how to get access to the early alpha version.)
CURRENT STATUS OF NARRATIVE PLATFORM
We launched the Narrative Alpha to a narrow group of users. A digital waiting line is opened at key milestones to provide additional members with early access to the platform. If you are not an Alpha member yet, you can sign up here. (Yes, it is separate from this community). When your access is granted, you will receive an email to register and then participate in the alpha.
Even though this is an Alpha, please note that the actions you take on the platform are real. This is not dummy data.
Activities you can do today include:
- Personal Profile - create your handle. Don’t be @JohnDoe1390. Be @John or @JohnDoe or @Superman or @TennisGuru. Reserve your handle now!
- Niches - these are the subject matter or content hubs for posting content to once the beta is launched. Alpha members can:
- Suggest Niches - only 1 per day allowed. Make sure you look to see if one already exists. Here are some hints.
- Vote on Niches - thumbs up or thumbs down on suggested Niches is all it takes. But if you thumbs down - you need to select why. To vote on Niches go to HQ Tab and then click on "Approvals." Voting on Niches give you rewards. Read this for more info.
- Purchase Niches via Auctions - Niche Owners are eligible for 10% of the overall Narrative Rewards. To find Niches that are already approved and available for bids, go to "HQ" and then click on "Auctions" and scroll past the ongoing bid cards. At the end will be pages of available Niches. You can also use the search function - make sure you search for related terms. If you don't see what you are looking forward, suggest a new one! Note the actions you do on Niches are real and will part of the final platform. If you suggest a niche, it will be voted on, and if you vote on a Niche you should make careful votes, and if you bid on a Niche, you will be responsible to pay if you do win the auction. Failure to pay for a niche is a negative to your overall Reputation. If you win a Niche auction (initial bids start at $75 USD) you will see it on the "Pending Purchase" in the Auctions area. You will also get an email with a link to how to purchase the Niche. You will be able to pay by credit card or with NRVE via the LAToken, Bilaxy, or Switcheo exchanges. NRVE from Niche purchases goes directly into building the content economy. See our Video on Niche Ownership.
- Moderator Center. Niches will have human moderators. The Moderator Center is where nominations and elections of Niche Moderators occur. Right now, members can only nominate themselves to be moderators for any niche. The elections themselves will occur when the Beta is launched. Remember Niche Moderators receive 6% of the overall Narrative Rewards. Here is a good guide developed by one of our members on how to nominate yourself to be a moderator for a Niche.
- Niche Management - Niche Owners can set the number of Moderators they want for their Niche. Right now, when a Niche is purchased via the Auction, it is sent directly to the Moderator Elections with a default of 2 moderators. There is a Niche Management feature found for each Niche where the number of moderators can be changed. See this community post for the step-by-step guide to how to do this.
- Network Stats - This features an overview of the Narrative usage stats including members, rewards, and Niches. It also includes the number of content posts ready for auto publishing at the launch of the Narrative Beta. The Reporting area is accessible from Narrative HQ. As we build out more functionality, Network Stats will be updated with more information.
- Reputation - Check your Narrative Reputation. In your Member Profile you will see a Reputation Tab. The most important aspect of the Reputation score is the influence that you have on the network. Trolls beware…..Narrative employs a reputation-based system to influence vote outcomes and content ratings. Reputation scores may impact the ability of members to perform certain functions, however, during the Alpha period, we will not enforce the Low Rep status. In fact, we expect Reputation scores to be low until we roll out features like content creation and KYC. We can’t give away all the secret sauce but if you want to learn more about how and why reputation is computed in Narrative, read here and here.
- Content Drafting: You can now draft content that will be viewable to the public once that Beta is launched in March. To draft content, you click on the Post Icon (Pen/Paper) at the top right hand side of the Home page. This will launch the New Post text editor window where you can draft your content. You can save the content as a draft or Publish the content. When you hit the Publish button, it is simply tagging this Post as ready for auto-publishing once the Narrative Beta goes live. You can view all your draft and published posts directly in your user profile. For more information read here or watch the video here.
In Narrative Alpha, you will see something called a Tribunal. This is the governing body of Narrative—a place where the community can go to “appeal” decisions. Today, the Tribunal is being used for appeals on Niches. By setting up the Tribunal in the Alpha, we begin to see the utility and function prior to launching the Beta when the Tribunal will have even more responsibilities. There are Narrative organization members on this Tribunal now, but once Narrative is up and running, the Tribunal will be elected by the Community.
Now that we are in Alpha V2, incremental releases are scheduled between now and the Beta launch in March 2019. These incremental releases will include bug fixes, user experience refinements, and new functionality and features.
New functionality coming up next includes:
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW?
- Community Rewards: We want to build an amazing community here at Narrative and, in the spirit of the future Narrative platform, we want to reward those of you that help us make it great. With our Community Rewards program, you can earn NRVE by being an active participant on our community channels. We reserved 200,000 Narrative tokens for distribution to Community Rewards participants. We are now on Phase 2 of this program that runs through the beta release. Activity points are earned by posting new content, commenting, and participating in general. Your activity is visible on your community profile. To read more about this and how you are eligible click here.
- Refer friends. Encourage your connections to claim their spot in the waitlist to gain early access to the alpha. To earn Referral Rewards, people must sign up to claim their spot in the Narrative Waitlist via your personal referral link, which can be found in your Narrative Alpha profile. There are multiple ways to invite your network via email and social media. For every successful sign up for the waitlist, you will receive your share of the Referral Rewards, to be distributed upon beta launch as credits in your Narrative account.
HOW DO I GET UPDATES?
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Join Telegram Channels: Narrative and Narrative Announcements
- Read the Narrative Blog
- Be active here on our Official Community
Follow us on Social: