We're coming up to 4 weeks complete for the Chaucer Alpha and well over 300,000 NRVE have gone into the Community Rewards Pool from sales of niches.  That means a great supply of NRVE  available for the community when Narrative launches.  I'd say the "new content economy"  is beginning to work.

A quick update on the "when exchange?" the perennial posted question in Telegram:  We're still working very hard on making agreements and will announce the news here and in Telegram as soon as we have it.   

Until then, here is an update on when the public will have access to the niche buying process. Now it is for token-sale participants only.

We will not open Chaucer to non-token sale participants until we have been on an exchange for at least a week to 10 days, to give everyone time to purchase more NRVE, if they like, during the exclusive period.

Original Post
Michael Farris posted:

A quick update on the "when exchange?" the perennial posted question in Telegram.  We're still working very hard on making agreements and will announce the news in Telegram and here as soon as we have it.

Is Switcheo an option? A lot of NEP-5 coins are being listed there.
CPX, ONT, QLC, TKY, DBC, RPX, TNC.
This week EFX and CGE is announced. 

NRVE has a 4 letter ticker, that's it!

Michael Farris posted:

Until then, here is an update on when the public will have access to the niche buying process. Now is it is token-sale participants only.

We will not open Chaucer to non-token sale participants until we have been on an exchange for at least a week to 10 days, to give everyone time to purchase more NRVE if they like, during the exclusive period.

I think this is very good, some niches can be very expensive...
Stay loyal to the early investors!

Xiffix posted:
Michael Farris posted:

A quick update on the "when exchange?" the perennial posted question in Telegram.  We're still working very hard on making agreements and will announce the news in Telegram and here as soon as we have it.

Michael Farris posted:

Until then, here is an update on when the public will have access to the niche buying process. Now is it is token-sale participants only.

We will not open Chaucer to non-token sale participants until we have been on an exchange for at least a week to 10 days, to give everyone time to purchase more NRVE if they like, during the exclusive period.

From what I heard, SWH is still not compatible yet with NRVE (due to the programming language used) 

Xiffix posted:
Michael Farris posted:

Michael Farris posted:

HI

I think going the DEX route to start is bad idea.  They have such a low percent of the pie, it is not the best move in terms of marketing.

Whit

Madhanic posted:

Just wondering, if those who participated in the ICO, but have finish using their tokens would have no choice but to participate with the general public yea?

Do you mean the people who spend their tokens on Niches?
Indeed they will have to buy more tokens at an exchange if they want more.

As @Michael Farris says there will be a 10 day window after listing before people(please correct me if i'm wrong), without an email address used during token sale, can buy Niches.

Maybe NRVE has the same problem as IAM(bridgeprotocol) their smart contract is NEO-python based. Switcheo is struggling with these.

Xiffix

Michael Farris posted:

We will not open Chaucer to non-token sale participants until we have been on an exchange for at least a week to 10 days, to give everyone time to purchase more NRVE, if they like, during the exclusive period.

How will you know if someone buying on an exchange participated in the token sale? Are you comparing purchases with neo wallets or something?

krill posted:
Michael Farris posted:

How will you know if someone buying on an exchange participated in the token sale? Are you comparing purchases with neo wallets or something?

You don't get access to the Chaucer Alpha unless you participated in the ICO !

Dr. Rick posted:
krill posted:

Ok, so I guess my confusing is about where people would be buying extra NRVE from ( I guess before it goes on exchanges?)...

We haven't been able to buy any extra NRVE. Only using those that we bought in the ICO ! 

Agree @Dr. Rick I am also desperate to buy more NRVE, really happy with the news of the exchange listing today!  I have submitted my KYC and have my FIAT ready to make a nice purchase of NRVE and stock up!

@Dr. Rick, Binance does charge a substantial fee, however at the moment in terms of Volume, it has to be the Holy Grail and therefore our aim to be listed there. I am not detracting from our upcoming listing as this is a massive step in the right direction and a credit to the Narrative Team for their work in achieving this. However, I believe we are thinking big and want to be the best. We want Narrative to sit above our competitors in our rightful place at the top. To do this, we need to eventually be bumping heads with the big dogs on Binance, maybe not in the next few weeks but certainly months not years, so we can keep this momentum going.

RobbyCannard posted:

@Dr. Rick, Binance does charge a substantial fee, however at the moment in terms of Volume, it has to be the Holy Grail and therefore our aim to be listed there. I am not detracting from our upcoming listing as this is a massive step in the right direction and a credit to the Narrative Team for their work in achieving this. However, I believe we are thinking big and want to be the best. We want Narrative to sit above our competitors in our rightful place at the top. To do this, we need to eventually be bumping heads with the big dogs on Binance, maybe not in the next few weeks but certainly months not years, so we can keep this momentum going.

We're a pretty small project right now. I definitely don't want the team to blow all their budget to get us on to Binance any time soon!

Fair point @Gerbino, as a I said, this should be a mid-long term aim. In my experience, the projects that set their sights high seem to thrive. We do not want to stay on smaller exchanges too long or we will lose key competitive advantages. I have every faith the team will do what is best for Narrative, sometimes an informed risk is required to move forward to the next level.

Valid points @Corey@RobbyCannard and @Gerbino,  initially I had posted "When Binance" as a bit of a joke after reading some of the telegram posts in reaction to the BiteBTC exchange announcement as seemed to be the only exchange that will satisfy the masses. However @Corey the point you make about funding is a valid one, where are the funds going, obviously into making a great product as can be seen from this forum and the Chaucer Alpha but I think you have to look wider than that too!

I was reading a very good article posted by Narrative (I don't have the URL but it was on their Telegram page) about how they were brave to change their platform from ETH to NEO because of the benefits NEO brought. They even were willing to pay $50,000 to use the smart contract token (correct me if my wording is wrong here, I am still a newbee to crypto). However it appears from the outside that they aren't willing to pay for a big exchange. Lets hope I am wrong and they are willing and the exchanges are just dragging their heals.

Saying all this for the record I think the team have already done a great job and already produced a great product. Go Narrative .... be brave, make this project the best it can possibly be

RobbyCannard posted:

Fair point @Gerbino, as a I said, this should be a mid-long term aim. In my experience, the projects that set their sights high seem to thrive. We do not want to stay on smaller exchanges too long or we will lose key competitive advantages. I have every faith the team will do what is best for Narrative, sometimes an informed risk is required to move forward to the next level.

Agree 100%. To separate yourself from others, need to have competitive advantage.

I made this comment many times in ICO and it's worth sharing again in this discussion. 

The real value of any project is the product.  For Narrative it's the launch of the platform which will use NRVE.  In one respect, Narrative is ahead of 99% of ICOs because we launched a market for NRVE the day the ICO completed.

Remember the token was designed to run a new content economy not fuel an exchange.  People are perfectly free to speculate with their ICO tokens but IMO the wise will look further ahead to what happens to the tokens  IN the platform where all fees, revenue, advertising, tips, and payouts are handled in NRVE.  As the platform grows, the supply of tokens is fixed with a very conservative minting schedule.   Suppose there are a million users, ten million, or more?  What happens to the value of NRVE according to "economics 101?"

I'm hoping 2018 is the year when blockchain projects move from "when exchange"  to "when product" as the measure of a good ICO.

Michael Farris posted:

I made this comment many times in ICO and it's worth sharing again in this discussion. 

The real value of any project is the product.  For Narrative it's the launch of the platform which will use NRVE.  In one respect, Narrative is ahead of 99% of ICOs because we launched a market for NRVE the day the ICO completed.

When it comes to social media, the product is the people contributing.... without our activity right now, you'd just have an empty platform. 

Emily Barnett posted:
Michael Farris posted:

When it comes to social media, the product is the people contributing.... without our activity right now, you'd just have an empty platform. 

Exactly @Emily Barnett. I couldn't have put it better myself

you are Narrative - we are Narrative

Add Reply